Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The one with S-I-R

I am so happy!

Why I am happy? Because finally my prayer has been answered by a certain corporations.

This happiness was related to my previous posting where I was rambling on my loathe of a production named "Tom Tom Bak" because I felt it was a bad influence for everybody especially the young ones. Original posting here. Well, I am entitled to my opinion so if anybody disagree with me than I don't really give a damn. And I also said I rather have spelling bee kinda programme instead. Well, well well, Malaysia is gonna have one.

Back to my happiness ... it is because from April to August 2008, RHB/NST is organising S-I-R or Spell-It-Right competition for Malaysian schools. This is more or less similar to Spelling Bee competition in the United States where for all the ignorant people out there, this Spelling Bee is actually covered live by ESPN okay, a major TV network covering sports. Well, its about time a corporation with a lot of money come up with this and I hope it will be there to stay for years coming.

The S-I-R challenge, is divided into two categories - primary and secondary and will be conducted in two stages, the State Challenge and the National Challenge.The state challenge is open to 36 schools, and each school can send a maximum of four representatives. I Read somewhere that RHB is allocating close to RM2.5 million for this programme and I will say good for you man!

One day, I hope somebody out there has the power to pull off the plug on all the nonsense on Channel 611 especially the one with aznil and AC in it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the shallow and carefree way of approaching young minds!

Hanita

Anonymous said...

what do you mean by "the ignorant people".. be humble bro, some might not even have astro or exposed to worldnews. subscribe to a lighter and gracious note, especially in describing a foreign subject.

Fazy said...

TOM TOM BAK? I 'd rather watch CUMI dan CIKI!! More educational.

Anonymous said...

Note to Anonymous (date 12 March 2008)

hmm... what does Astro got to do with people in US and Spelling Bee? Read to understand the writer's context!

Anonymous said...

to anonymous cum the writer in disguise (13 march 2008)

i got you.

faizaldardin said...

to anonymous (march 19), I am not the anonymous on 12 March. Seriously! Aisehmen kengkawan pun nak anonymous gak ke??

The writer.