Thursday, January 17, 2008

The one with wearing batik

Now I am obligated to wear Batik every Thursday. That is equivalent to 4 times in a month! Well, that's a lot of Batik wearing! And it also means that I need to have one Batik for one week. I think I have about 3 decent ones so probably have to find one more.

Okaylah, I think the requirement to do that should be appreciated and will be very good for the industry but why should we have exception in red?

PENGECUALIAN
5. Arahan pemakaian batik pada setiap hari Khamis ini tidak terpakai kepada pegawai yang dibekalkan dengan pakaian seragam, pegawai yang menghadiri acara-acara rasmi seperti persidangan-persidangan antarabangsa, perjumpaan dengan pelawat-pelawat asing atau pegawai yang menghadiri majlis rasmi yang menetapkan pemakaian jenis pakaian yang lain.

Why not wearing Batik while meeting with foreigners? I do remember few overseas meeting and courses that I attended where the officers from other countries such as Pacific Island Countries and Africa proudly wearing their national dress. This is the best way to promote as surely when they meet you they will ask about the dress that you are wearing and if they like it they might want it!

I do recollect parted with one my favourite Batik because my foreign friend wanted it so bad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The day of wearing batik to office was never my fav day. But its nice to have such circular to wear batik on certain day. Therefore, I'm cool with it.

In the view of wearing during attending international functions / meetings, personally I would say it should be encouraged. In a way, its one way to promote our arts and culture. Foreigners really adore our batik.

Jo said...

bro you're not cindy crawford ok, you don have to wear a different batik shirt each thursday ... just wear wat you can la ...

Anonymous said...

batik is fine, but the ironing part i s NOT! urghhhhh....