Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The one with multitasking and prioritizing

Multitasking is the performance by an individual of more than one task at the same time.

Prioritizing is to arrange or deal something with in order of importance.

That was the definition for both words according to the free online dictionary.

I was told by that I must be multitasking in doing my task. What the heck? I am not, all this while? I was surprised when I heard that when I know for a fact that I was more like prioritizing my task at the moment rather than multitasking them.

For me, you need to be multitasking when you are face with many tasks at the same time with the same deadline for every task. But when you have a different deadline and mind you that the next task deadline was far beyond the other task deadline, and then I do believe we can prioritize and put the resources at hand to the task that will come earlier!

No comments: