Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The one with probable torn ligament

What was supposed to be a friendly game of basketball turned to a mini-nightmare for me on Sunday. During one of the Michael Jordan wannabe move I made, I accidentally twisted my right ankle heavily which resulted in a very-very swollen feet. I feared for the worst. That night, I sleep in so much pain.

On Monday, the always helpful Jake (NUS academic coordinator) took me to Gleneagles Hospital to seek medical treatment. Fortunately for me, based on the x-ray, nothing was broken but the doctor said probably I torn my ligament which will take about 2, 3 weeks for full recovery. I was so frustrated to hear that because the course will end in about 3 weeks and there are so many things I plan to do.

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining right! It is the same for me on this. I found out (not that I don’t know already) that I have so many great friends who always willing to help me in everyway to help me through this difficulty. Without them, it will be very hard for me to get through the day using the wheel chair. Thank you all!

P/s: FYI, Penday comes to my apartment every night to massage my foot to reduce the pain, which I really appreciate.

No comments: