Saturday, May 12, 2007

Dinner at Settlers Cafe

More than just coffee, that is the cafe's motto to begin with.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten the date when Teck took us to this unique cafe call Settlers at North Canal Rode to have dinner with a twist. Playing board game!

Eight of us went there, Vivian, Chet, Teck, Dennis, Pei-Li, Sun Sun, Mike and me. It was an interesting place. The cafe has a huge collections of board game from UNO to I don't know what. We played two different board games, one before dinner and one after. The first game called Saboteur where players aim to win the game, either as a succesful miner or saboteur. The second game was about building railroads called Ticket to Ride, another good game, at least for someone like me who probably know only monopoly and scrabble. The waiter taught us patiently on how to play both games which really helped us in understanding the whole idea of the game.

The food wasn't that great but the atmosphere created from customers playing all the games supplemented it. That night it was full house at the cafe. End of the day, I have to say that I have no problem going there again.

It was fun!

No comments: