Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lost the final ... damn it!

So lazy to read the newspaper today simply because I know the headline at the back page will surely be the lost of Manchester United to Chelsea last night in the 126th edition of FA Cup Final. Watched the game in my apartment with my buddies, Mike, Chet, Jun, Ali, Sekope, Phab, Penday and Tika’s Husband since Liquid Kitchen was surprisingly full.

I was so frustrated since I was routing for United to the double this year. Thanks to that Didier “the stupid baby” Drogba’s goal in the 116 minutes, my beloved United lost the final. Not a great game anyway. Both teams play so cautiously and adopted safety-first tactics especially Chelsea with so many passes between their back four at one time. Stupid tactics with efficiency they say. Boring-boring Chelsea! It was a letdown.

By the way, United that night was unrecognizable at all. Ronaldo was mute, Giggs was nowhere to be seen, Scholes’s passes went astray most of the time and did you see Carrick? The only United player that showed passion in the game was Rooney. He even tried to beat them all to find some breakthrough but with to no avail. Fergie got his tactics wrong in this one. He should partnered Rooney with another striker. Too negative, the attacking flair just wasn’t there. Better luck next year, I guess.

United is still the Premiership Champion anyway, I can celebrate that!

P/s: What is the official football club who only knows how to play Champions League?
I give you a clue; start with L and has a huge 21 points difference between Manchester United and them in the Premiership table. Not forgetting boring long ball tactics.

No comments: